Levelling the playing field for starting a business.
The Bathtub Bursary is a programme designed to enable budding entrepreneurs.
It is available for those from low opportunity backgrounds or difficult circumstances to access all the vital lifelines necessary to start and build a sustainable business.
This programme is at the core of why we exist. So why do we do it?
To bring our vision to life and enable enterprise as a viable, vibrant and supported option for all.
To reduce unemployment through business support and job creation.
To enabling more people who don’t have natural access to the support, network and finances, allowing them to realise their dreams of starting and running their own venture.
How does the Bathtub Bursary work?
The Bursary is an 6 month programme of space, support, advice and connections.
It involves commitment to engage with the full Bathtub network, being allocated a Tub mentor, regular review sessions and hopefully the environment to provide you with the confidence, knowledge and network you need to start and grow your business.
The full programme is for 6 months which is free membership, either full or part time. After 6 months, there is a panel presentation & review. If you are successful, you could be awarded another 6 months at 50% of standard membership. This is dependent on places available, demand and whether we feel you have been successful with your business.
Are you eligible for a Bathtub Bursary?
Our Bursary programme has specific eligibility criteria alongside our standard membership application criteria. This is to ensure the places are awarded to the businesses and entrepreneurs that can benefit the most from it.
You qualify if…
- You will be enrolled in an enterprise programme run by another not-for-profit organisation (e.g. The Prince’s Trust or local & regional grass roots initiatives), OR
- You can demonstrate you have been unemployed for 6 months or more (not by choice), OR
- You are a charity less than 24 months old
You must also…
- Be up to 2 founders in team size. (Second founder would have to pay the standard membership.)
- Be within its first full year of trading
- Show you intend to create at least one new job within 12 months
- Pass an interview with us to show you will benefit from and participate fully in the Bathtub community.
- Prepare a presentation on your business idea and a plan for the first 12 months.
- Provide some personal and financial details and references on request.
- Be willing to provide further information on request.
- Proof that you have lived in London for at least 12 months.